Getting a British Driving Licence
Exchanging your license for a British driver’s license — or driving license as it is referred to in the UK — can be quite confusing. There are various regulations which depend largely on your country of origin. What do i Need to buy Driving Licence In UK, In this article, we give a brief introduction to getting a British driver’s license
- The validity of your foreign driver’s license depends on the reason for your stay, as well as the country where it was issued.
- Tourists can typically use their foreign driver’s license for up to a year while in the UK, however, getting an international driving permit (IDP) might be a good idea for licenses issued in a foreign language.
- Driver’s licenses issued in a member state of the EU or EFTA are valid in the UK up until the age of 70.
- Permits from the EU/EFTA, the Channel Islands, and a number of designated countries can also simply be exchanged for a British license.
- an identity document, such as your passport
- addresses where you’ve lived for up to the last 3 years
You might be asked for additional information, such as your National Insurance number if you know it.
You’ll get a confirmation email from DVLA after you’ve applied.
Your licence should arrive within one week if you apply online. It may take longer if DVLA need to make additional checks.
When you can drive with a provisional licence
There are different rules depending on your age and the type of vehicle. Check what vehicles you can drive and when before you start to learn.
What is the HGV Licence?
Are you interested in becoming a Lorry Driver? Getting your HGV Licence is the first step to an exciting new career as a Lorry Driver.
HGV stands for Heavy Goods Vehicle. It can also be referred to as LGV, which stands for Large Goods Vehicle.
The HGV Licence enables individuals to operate trucks or lorries that are more than 3.5 tonnes. HGV Licences fall under the following driving licence categories: C, C+E, C1 and C1+E. HGV Licences are valid for 5 years and are issued by DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency).
Can i get HGV Driver licence
To acquire the HGV Licence, you are required to successfully complete special training and pass a theory test. HGV License holders typically work for logistics companies as professional drivers.
- Getting a British Driving Licence
- What do i Need to buy Driving Licence In UK
- What i need for a driving licence application